Tuesday 13 March 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ( A Sequin Incident )

 Main Ingredients:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Information HERE

Well, I think I am officially allowed to call myself a card maker now. It happened. I had an incident. A sequin incident.


 First, I think it is only fair to say that this disaster was one hundred percent my own fault. My cave woman instincts always get the best of me when it comes to opening packages. I don't care how much tape or glue is on a package, I REFUSE to use anything other than my own hands to open things! It is my right to refuse sound advice such as "just get a pair of scissors". I say no. I can open it just fine on my own! A few grunts and pulls later- sequins everywhere.


That wasn't enough for me. No, I would NOT let those sequins think that they had triumphed over me! I cleaned them up the best I could and decided that it would somehow still be a smart idea to use them, even while still in my primitive sequin-induced rage.
Did you know that sequins like to stick all over you? As in, 30 sequins will roll themselves all over the front and back of your hands, never allowing you to properly grip them? You can try to pull them off individually of wack your hands against the floor, but they will still grip onto you like leeches. Sucking any remaining sanity out from your skin.
The sequins weren't done with me yet. Oh no. Not yet. Then the glue had to get involved. I thought that perhaps there was still time and sanity left to make a nice pattern on my card using some sequins. "Oh, you mean a half-sticky globby mess of sequins in the middle of your card? Can do!" answered the sequins as I tried to gently place them on the paper.


So, there you have it. 3 stick on button stickers to cover up the scars which the sequins left on my card...and my heart.


1 comment:

  1. LOL! Yes! Sequins can be a hazard!!! I find them everywhere!!! That is an adorable kitty!!! I love your card and the buttons look great!

    ReplyDelete