Tuesday 6 March 2018

Quick and Easy Lunar New Year Card

 Main Ingredients:

I used this Recollections fortune cookie stamp set I found at Michaels for 40% off, but this Lawn Fawn YEAR EIGHT Stamp Set will work great too and is actually a lot cheaper than the set I got!



 Rather than using any fancy pattern paper for this card (which would also look great) I decided to make my own patterns using my stamps. I used a smaller fortune cookie stamp and placed it all over the front of my red cardstock base and then used the lucky cat stamp for the front of my second card.

I was originally going to put the lucky cat I colored and die cut on the front next to the large fortune cookie, but then realized it was really similar in color to the fortune cookie and looked a bit odd. I thought the image of the building would have a better contrast so I stamped and fussy-cut two of those for my card fronts.

For the interior I wanted the text to really stand out, so I measured and cut out some white card stock and then stamped on a nice sentiment from the MFT stamp set. Then I placed my very orange maneki nekos in the corner and I was done!







Thanks for looking!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment