Sunday 4 March 2018

A Card For A Captain






Main Ingredients:

I could not find the original  BoBunny Penny Emporium Paper 6x6 pad that I used, but I have included a link for Lawn Fawn Knock On Wood 6x6 Paper Pad 


I used the Couture Creations Mirrored Flourishes, but I wish I could have used 





I used some black and dark blue ink to create a stormy looking sea/sky background on my card base. I stamped out and fussy cut my stamps. I also cut my brown paper to be the same size as my card base and then die cut the frame into the center of it.


I tried a few different ways of positioning my stamps in the center of the card, but none of them really looked right. I decided to get out another stamp set that had the ship on it and stamp and fussy cut that out for my center.  After a LOT of playing around and finding ways to make the center look less empty I was finally satisfied enough to tape/glue everything into place.




While my card didn't turn out quite as clean as I wanted it to, I am still happy that I got my main idea out. The wheel helped to cover some of the empty space from the hole in the middle. Stamping the compass and rope directly onto the card with my dark blue ink also helped to add a nice finishing touch.

Thanks for looking!
=)



No comments:

Post a Comment